Podcasts are great. I listen to them while I commute, run, or sometimes at home while doing chores. I subscribe to a whole bunch of them. Sometimes I come across individual episodes that I find particularly interesting. To be able to share with these with you more easily than pushing invidual episodes to you via, e.g. Twitter or Signal, I am maintaining curated RSS feeds that you can subscribe to per topic. You can subscribe to them like any other podcast.
How to use
- Download a podcast player on your phone. If you’re on iOS I recommend Overcast, if you’re on Android I think Pocketcasts is decent.
- Pick one of the curated feeds below, right click on one, and select “Copy Link Address”
- In your podcast player find the option to add a feed by URL, paste the URL there.
Again, these are (generally) not podcasts produced by me, I’m just curating them. If you enjoy the content I suggest you have a look at the individual podcasts and subscribe to them individually. To subscribe to these curated feeds, simply copy and paste the URLs (right click > Copy link Address) into the podcast application of your choice.
I will update these feeds as I find new stuff.
Bonus: How I manage my podcast listening
Here’s how I manage my podcast list in Overcast, I’m sure you can do something similar in decent alternative podcast applications:
- I subscribe to a lot of different podcasts (maybe 20 of them)
- I created one playlist called
Feed in Overcast to contain all episode, ordered by the most recent one first.
- I created a second playlist called
Queue that I manually add episodes to
- Once in a while I go through my
Feed list of episodes and manually add items I find interesting there to my
- I reorder my Queue playlist as I see fit
- I hit play on the podcast episode at the top of the list